DRIVE IN VERSION - BlaQ ArTed Short Film Fest Premiere
Time & Location
About the Event
The BlaQ ArTed Short Film Fest, the culminating event of The East Bay Queer Healing Arts Center’s BlaQ ArTed Digital Storytelling Internship highlights the genius and innovation of Black Queer, Trans, and NonBinary transitional aged (18-25 years) artists by providing them with the equipment, guidance, and access to create short films that authentically represent who they are and the issues of importance to them. In the films being screened throughout this festival, the issues addressed include teen homelessness, body-shaming, misogynoir, Black American identity formation in an Anti-Black society, confronting transphobia, and fostering youth resilience.
The Fest, featuring the films of 9 Black Queer Trans and Nonbinary emerging youth filmmakers, will kick off with an outdoor drive-in premiere screening and filmmaker Q+A on Sunday November 22, 2020 at 5pm at Lake Chabot Space + Science Center. The filmmakers will be available to enjoy each other’s films, engage audience questions, and cheer one another on! Tickets are offered via sliding scale from $10 to whatever you'd like to offer in support of our programming.
- People must stay in their cars at all times except to visit the restroom.
- You must wear a face covering when leaving your car for any reason.
- Cars must be parked one (1) empty parking space apart.
- Limited number of people in the restroom at a time except adult with child.
- Customers who do not follow the rules will be asked to leave.
- Can I bring in outside food? Yes
- Are there ADA parking spots? Yes, two are available for first come first serve.
- How are cars placed? We'll try to place large cars in the back and small cars in the front when entering.
- Are there ADA bathrooms? Yes, of the 3 port-o-potties, 1 is ADA. There's also 1 hand washing station.
- Can I purchase a ticket at the drive-in? No, all tickets will be sold online.
- Can I attend this screening without a car? No, you must have a car in order to attend screening.
HOW TO ATTEND
- Entering: Doors open at 7pm. It is first come first serve. We do our best to place large cars towards the back. Ticket must be displayed on windshield or phone upon entering - Do not open your window, display through glass instead!
- Exiting: After the film cars are to follow traffic attendants and exit row by row. If you need to leave early please find an attendant to escort you out safely.